Thursday, January 27, 2011

Here's to our health

Like millions of others across the globe, I made a New Year's Resolution to lose some weight. Part of that was incorporating healthy new foods and recipes. Well, new to our family anyway.
I decided to jump on the quinoa bandwagon. I found a recipe for a quinoa and black bean salad that I thought looked good. The recipe was for 6 servings so, like most recipes, I had to double it for my family of 9. By the end of the meal, out of the 12 servings it was supposed to make, I probably had about 8 left. And I ate probably 2 servings myself.

Evidently I am the only one in my family that made the resolution to eat healthier.

Tonight we're eating the leftovers. I've added some chicken and taco seasoning and we will wrap it up in a tortilla--probably with some cheese and sour cream. My family will eat almost anything that's wrapped in a tortilla with cheese and sour cream. So much for our healthy eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment